1. Closing Date and Time will vary according to what is stated on-air. Entries made after the closing time will not be entered into the competition but may still be charged. All entries made must have received their chargeable bounceback in order for them to be deemed valid.
2. Method and Cost of Entry:
• SMS text to 88833 – send text with Compass followed by the 'keyword' as well as your answer (the 'keyword' will vary depending on the competition). Please also include your name. Texts may costs upto £1.50p plus one standard network rate message. Charges will be deducted from the entrant's available credit time if they are a pre-pay customer or appear on their monthly statement if they are a pay-monthly customer. SMS entrants will receive an SMS confirmation text message of their entry. The cost of the text will be announced on air when the competition is promoted.
3. Prize: The first entry drawn at random from all eligible entries who have answered the question correctly will win the prize. The random draw will be made from the automated winner picking tool in our text system The winner will be contacted on their phone number on the competition draw date. Compass FM will not amend contact information provided. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner. Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery may result in forfeiture of the prize. If they cannot be contacted, or are unable comply with these terms and conditions, Compass FM reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
4. Any person who is an employee or an immediate family member of an employee of Compass FM or any other person who is directly connected with the organisation of any particular competition is ineligible to participate.
5. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and be bound by them.
6. Competitions are only open to residents of the UK.
7. Entrants must be at least 16 years of age unless otherwise stated.
8. All decisions of Compass FM will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. No responsibility will be taken by Compass FM for any answers that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date. All entries must have been received into our text system before the closing date and time in order for them to be deemed valid. If any network issues that are flagged to us which affects competition entries from being submitted we will make a decision as to the actions we take and an announcement will be made on air.
10. If for any reason an advertised prize is unavailable Compass FM reserves the right at its absolute discretion to substitute a similar prize of equivalent or greater value. None of the prizes may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternative will be offered. Only one prize will be awarded per person. Please allow 28 days for delivery of all prizes.
11. Compass FM reserves the absolute right to disqualify any entrant to any competition which it considers has used improper technical means to enter.
12. Use and Protection of Your Personal Information: Compass FM recognises that your privacy is important to you and we use the latest technologies & best practices to secure all personal information. Compass FM aims to preserve your privacy at all times and will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless it is required to do so by law or it, in good faith, believes that such action is necessary to:
• Comply with the law or with legal process
• Protect and defend our rights and property
• Protect against misuse or unauthorised use of this website
• Protect the personal safety or property of our customers or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false registration information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions) Where required to do so, Compass FM may pass on your personal information to a legal or regulatory body.
Customer Care If you have any queries please contact us on 01522549900. Lines are open from 8am to 6pm, an answer machine facility is available out of these hours.